Sunday, June 17, 2012

So Sunday morning, just woke up, fully caffeinated and ready to roll. The plan for today is to use Google's Directions Renderer to map the direction from the geolocated user's location to the "facility" the user selects.

I have taken to Amazon AWS to host the application. A single instance EC2 on the free tier, quite impressive I might add. First time I have used Amazon and not too bad. Albeit the fact that mysteriously at around 11pm (that's when I have finished dinner and decide to do some work on the app), the file copying via RDP is horrendously slow. I get around 80KBps!! Also sometimes when I am not accessing the app, the CPU spikes upto 80%, don't know why that happens either as I am the only user allowed to access the app.

Once the app is ready for public viewing, I will post the URL live.

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment